How CSAT – UPSC Prelims paper – 2 can help you in your sweet journey !!!
So what do you think I am talking about ?? Am I talking about “How CSAT Paper – 2 can help you in a long journey as an IAS/IPS/IRS.. officer ?”. Hell No !!! I don’t want to get into such discussion atleast for now. Nor we are here to discuss what UPSC or Students or Govt. should do.
I am talking about a bit short and sweet journey(more than a year :)) of UPSC CSAT Prelims preparation. And we are here to prepare for the exam.
Friends, whether you are from Engineering , medical , arts , commerce , english or non – english background, it doesn’t matter a lot. In fact, if I talk in terms of UPSC prelims, CSAT Paper-2 can help serious students to score better than non- serious students.
A clear fight between Serious Aspirants Vs Non – Serious Aspirant and not among different backgrounds.
Its “November” – probably you would say its the end of the year. Late Mornings & early evenings and that extreme laziness to come out of your bed. But for UPSC aspirants it is the start of the year or say start of your big dream. It is the best time to really start or rather escalate your preparation.
So it all depends on how you take up things. Isn’t it ??
The CSAT Paper -2 questions are of low – medium level and is not as tough as it is asked in MBA exams like CAT/GMAT/XAT. If you plan to solve few problems (Comprehension, Quant, Reasoning, Data Interpretation and Monster English :)) and learn how to tackle it at this lazy time of the year when you might be working on Paper – 1 at a snails pace, you would surely be more confident in your preparation. WHY ? There is a reason behind it ;). Even if you prepare a lot for Paper -1 you will be found crawling somewhere between 100 – 160. Correct me if I am wrong. Since paper – 1 syllabus is so vast and even after a very good preparation you are not certain of what type of questions might be asked.
Note : I am not telling you to give an edge to paper -2 over Paper -1. But to just take out a small amount of time and practice paper -2 daily.
What if you tear apart your hesitation to practice something which you have already read in your school. And what if with a little extra effort you would be reaching a score of 140-180 which will clearly make a difference from non – serious aspirants. Just remember how you used to solve those maths problems in your high school days to impress your teacher .. err.. to impress that girl or boy 🙂
How much time is required to prepare ??
- Not more than 1 hour a day to score above 160. 🙂
- Most importantly practicing these small problems are so rewarding that it actually takes you out of bed early in the morning.
Why its so important with the current trend of questions ?
- You can easily score 140-180 and even 190-200 out of a total of 200 (with extra effort and practice to maintain accuracy) which reduces your dependency on Paper-1.
- Although all the sections of Paper – 1 is very important for UPSC Mains, but a little effort on CSAT paper -2 will ensure your ride to UPSC Mains next year. And you would be confident in the early stage of your preparation which will in turn boost your preparation for UPSC Mains.
- It takes very less time if practiced daily. If not practiced daily it will become burden at the end of the UPSC Exam year and will affect your Paper -1 as well as Mains preparation.
While crawling through various portals for UPSC preparation, I found that though they have talked about the relevancy of Paper-2 but not much stress has been given on how to get those extra marks. A lots of material and strategy for Paper -1 i.e. GS is available but not much is available for aptitude. I will be coming up with articles to actually improve this part and ensure your ride to UPSC Mains.
Article : xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx… coming soon.