Sentence Completion Exercise
- For decades many scientists ________ that global warming posed a grave risk to the planet, but in the twenty-first century nearly all of them ________ that the threat is real.
e) dis affirmed,reject
2. It sounds ______ that if a low carb diet can prevent a second heart attack from occurring, it should also be able to ______ the first occurrence.
3. Social studies, science matters of health and safety, the very atmosphere of the classroom; these areas are few of the ________ for the ________ of proper emotional reactions.
b) fertile areas…basis
c) fertile fields..inculcation
d) important areas…formation
4. Though one eye is kept firmly on the ________ the company now also promotes ________ contemporary art.
b) future, popular
5. The new CEO of the company is both ________ and ________; he works twelve hours a day and has never had an alcoholic beverage.
6.Unfortunately, certain aspects of democratic government sometimes put pressure on politicians to take the easy way out, allowing _______ to crowd out _______.
a) exigencies, necessities
b) immediacies, ultimate
d) principles, practicalities
e) issues, problems
7. A fire, ________ started by a workman who was repairing the lead of the roof, ____________ the ancient Monument of Historic importance.
a) wantonly, created
b) deliberately, improved
c) accidentally, destroyed
d) helpfully, revealed
e) single handedly, circumvented
8.Legal _______ initiated by the government necessitate that manufacturers use _____ in choosing food additives.
9. Nothing __________ his irresponsibility better than his__________ delay in sending us the items he promised weeks ago.
10. Sugar is ______, Lemons are ______.