Facts Inference Judgement Exercise
Facts :Facts deal with information that can be verified or can be discovered.
-Could be a universal truth.
-Anything that is seen, heard or read
-Anyone else’s opinion stated by the author is a fact. But not a personal opinion
-Figures, Statistics or other data without an opinion attached to it is a fact.
Inference:These are unknown but the basis of them are known.A logical conclusion based on a set of facts.
Judgement: It is best defined as an opinion. They signifies approval or disapproval.
-Depends on perspective.
– argued and contestable
Nowadays FIJ occupies a major portion in CAT, so lets practice some questions
Identify FIJ from given sentences
- The government has been supplying free drugs since 2004, and 35 000 have benefited up to now- though the size of the affected population is 150 times this number.
- Even without war, we know that conflicts continue to trouble us– they only change in color.
- According to all statistical indications, the Jan Dhan has managed to keep pace with its ambitious goals.
- When this happens, each moment becomes a celebration of you; there is a rush of energy that comes with feeling completely immersed in doing what you love most.
- 20% of the population in Somalia lives below poverty line.
- So much of our day-to-day focus seems to be on getting thins done, trudging our way through the tasks of living- it can feel like a treadmill that gets you nowhere; where is the childlike joy?
- This is the stuff that joyful living is made of – identifying your calling and committing yourself wholeheartedly to it.
- Red tape leads to corruption and distorts a people‘s character.
- Every red tape procedure is a point of contact with an official, and such contacts
have the potential to become opportunities for money to change hands.
- Agriculture in India is getting affected by modernization & urbanization.
Let us know your answers through comments..
Also comment below if you need more exercise on the topicfij