PRACTICE TEST : DATA SUFFICIENCY AND INTERPRETATION
Choose 1 if the question can be answered by one of the statements alone and not by the other.
Choose 2 if the question can be answered by using either statement alone
Choose 3 if the question can be answered by using both the statements together, but cannot be answered by using either statement alone
Choose 4 if the question cannot be answered even by using both statements together
1.What is the value of X, if X and Y are two distinct integers and their product is 30?
(1). X is an odd integer
(2). X > Y
2.What is the number of 360-degree rotations that a bicycle wheel made while rolling 100 meters in a straight line without slipping?
(1) The diameter of the bicycle wheel, including the tire, was 0.5 meter.
(2) The wheel made twenty 360-degree rotations per minute.
3.What is the value of the sum of a list of n odd integers?
(1) n = 8
(2) The square of the number of integers on the list is 64.
4.Is x = y?
(1)(x+y)(1/x + 1/y) = 4
(2) (x – 50)2 = (y – 50)2
5.A car drives along a straight road from Sankarankoil to Coimbatore, going through Madurai along the way. What is the total distance travelled by the car from Sankarankoil to Coimbatore?
(1) The distance from Sankarankoil to Madurai is 3/5 of the entire distance.
(2) The distance from Madurai to Coimbatore is 12 km.
In a sports event, six teams (A, B, C, D, E and F) are competing against each other. Matches are scheduled in two stages. Each team plays three matches in stage-1 and two matches in stage-2. No team plays against the same team more than once in the event. No ties are permitted in any of the matches. The observations after the completion of stage-1 and stage-2 are as given below.
Stage – 1
- One team won all the three matches
- Two teams lost all the matches
- D lost to A but won against C and F
- E lost to B but won against C and F
- B lost at least one match
- F did not play against the top team of stage-1
Stage – 2
- The leader of Stage-1 lost the next two matches
- Of the two teams at the bottom after stage-1, one team won both matches, while the other lost both matches
- One more team lost both matches in stage-2
1. The only teams that won both the matches in stage-2 is (are):
(b) E and F
(c) A, E and F
(d) B, E and F
(e) B and F
2. The teams that won exactly two matches in the event are:
(a) A, D and F
(b) D and E
(c) E and F
(d) D, E and F
(e) D and F
3. The team(s) with the most wins in the event is (are):
(b) A and C
(e) B and E
4. The two teams that defeated the leader of stage-1 are:
(a) F and D
(b) E and F
(c) B and D
(d) E and D
(e) F and D