PRACTICE TEST:LOGICAL REASONING
- Amol gifted the shirt and received the video game in return.
- Shashi did not gift the I-Pod but received the perfume in return.
- Mandar did not gift an electronic item and received the calculator in return.
- The person who gifted the jacket received the sweater in return and Reena received the pair of sunglasses.
1. Who among the following gifted the jacket?
4) None of these
2. Which of the following statements is true?
1) Two of the friends who did not gift electronic items, received electronic items in return
2) Piyu gifted the jacket and Shashi gifted the I-Pod
3) Shashi neither gifted nor did he receive an electronic item
4) The person who gifted the cell phone received the calculator in return
3. Which of the following is the correct combination of friend, article gifted and article received in return?
1) Piyu – Fountain Pen – Sunglasses
2) Shashi – I-Pod – Perfume
3) Reena – I-Pod – Sunglasses
4) None of these
4. Which of the following is false?
1) Only one friend whose name does not start with a vowel, received an electronic item in return
2) The friend whose name appears last in alphabetical order, gifted an electronic item and received a non electronic item in return
3) In alphabetical order, the friend who gifted the I-Pod appears before at least two other friends
4) The friend whose name in alphabetical order appears in the middle neither gifted nor received an electronic item
2.Persons X, Y, Z and Q live in red, green, yellow or blue colored houses placed in a sequence on a street. Z lives in a yellow house. The green house is adjacent to the blue house. X does not live adjacent to Z. The yellow house is in between the green and red houses. The color of the house X lives in is:
d. Not possible to determine
3.If A + B means A is the mother of B; A – B means A is the brother B; A % B means A is the father of B and A x B means A is the sister of B, which of the following shows that P is the maternal uncle of Q?
A.Q – N + M x P B.P + S x N – Q C.P – M + N x Q D.Q – S % P
4. Photography is no longer an art form. Nowadays everyone has access to digital cameras that only need to be pointed at the subject in order to generate a perfect image.
The writer of the argument apparently assumes that
A. the selection of the subject is not an important artistic factor in photography
B. digital cameras will continue to improve in quality
C. digital cameras can never go wrong
D. photography with all other types of camera is an art form
E. art is not perfect
5.The number of people diagnosed with dengue fever (which is contracted from the bite of an infected mosquito) in North India this year is twice the number diagnosed last year. The authorities have concluded that measures to control the mosquito population have failed in this region.
All of the following, if true, would cast doubt on the authorities’ conclusion except
A. more cases are now reported because of increases in administrative efficiency
B. a very high proportion of the cases were in people who had recently returned from neighboring countries
C. an effective diagnostic test was introduced about nine months ago
D. the disease is prevalent only in some industrialized areas which have shown a dramatic increase in population due to migration
E. the incidence (number of cases per thousand) of malaria, also contracted from mosquito bites, has increased