Group Discussion for MBA Admissions
As CAT 2016 is done and you would have started applying for your dream colleges and planning to start your preparation for another milestone in Mission Admission – Group Discussion and Personal Interview, and as we promised we will help you in your GD/WAT/PI preparation as well.
If you are still in dilemma which colleges to apply, Do read CAT 2016-Colleges to apply
I am listing down all the current topics you could expect in coming months for your GD.Also be observant and open to your surroundings follow a good newspaper as most of the B-Schools give current affairs only in GD and WAT .But do remember sometimes they can throw some abstract topics as well, here hey try to check your creative thinking and how do you react in an unplanned situation.
Also understand what are they checking or looking in you through Group discussion, and make sure you display those skills and traits in you.Some of the parameters on which candidates are judged in Group discussions are
- Communication skills
- Quality of thoughts
- Subject knowledge
- Team skills
- Leadership skills
These are some of the things which is looked in a prospective Management student, make sure you polish your skills through mock discussions.
List of topics, you must prepare –
- Review of Modi Government
- Will Modi emerge as leader in next elections
- Yemen Evacuation
- Jan Dhan Yojana
- LPG Subsidy Reform
- Swachh Bharat Mission
- India Bangladesh land boundary agreement
- Bankruptcy code Act
- Real Estate Regulation Act
- Relevance of International Yoga Day
- How successful is Modi’s Mann Ki Baat campaign?
- Digital India Mission
- Digital Lockers and their adoption in India
- Make in India
- Goods and services tax- Will it be actually beneficial?
- Brexit and European Union
- Brexit and India
- Impact of Brexit on Global economy
- Surgical Strike- Was it really surgical strike?
- Is surgical strike correct way to deal with Pakistan?
- US Presidential Elections
- What does Donald Trump win signifies?
- Donald Trump and his policies
- Impact of Donald Trump on India and World
- E-Commerce in India
- Is E-Commerce in India consolidating?
- Has Reliance jio changed the telecom sector of India?
- Telecom wars in India
- Entry of Reliance Jio
- Comparison of Urjit Patel and Raghuram Rajan
- Monetary Policy Committee
- Micro and Macro environment of India in 2016
- Artificial Intelligence
- Social Media and its Impact
- Cauvery River Dispute
- Unified Payment Interface- what is it and its scope
- India and Olympics
- Should India host Olympics?
- How should India build infrastructure for Olympics?
- RBIs inflation targeting
- 14th Finance commission
- Odd-even formula of Delhi Government
- Taxi wars-ola Uber and local taxis in India
- Sub Prime crisis 2008
- Payment Banks in India
- Black money
- Was Demonetization needed? was it executed well?
- Is India heading towards cashless economy?
- Demonetization and digital payments
- Base year change for GDP calculation and its impact
- Euro Zone crisis
- Yuan Devaluation
- How Chinese economy slowdown affects India?
- India Pakistan relations
- India China relations
- Pakistan and china relations
- Removal of Cyrus Mistry- was it justified
- Learning from Cyrus-Tata episode
- Was Tata- Mistry battle a case of corporate Governance
- Tata-Mistry battle what went wrong?
- Smart City mission
- Rise of Patanjali
- Internet of Things
- Will India be Superpower of 21st century?
- Food Bill- Does India need it? or should it be introduced?
This is a exhaustive list and surely will benefit you in all the GD/PI/WAT of all the business schools.
Start making notes and thoroughly prepare topics.
I will publish content you can use in GD for this topics as a separate post, so do keep visiting webmaggu.com
Also, if you believe we have missed some topics, do mention in comments section below.
All the Best 🙂